Discover Our Neighborhood
As one of the oldest cities in the nation, Savannah exudes old-world charm. You’ll find history and Southern charm at every turn. Explore the city and experience inspired architecture, historic cemeteries, vibrant nightlife, delectable food, and global sophistication. From shopping in upscale boutiques and antique shops to strolling along the Landmark Historic District, you'll find something for every taste.
The Gastonian is located only two blocks from Forsyth Park and within easy walking distance to a number of city squares, including Whitefield, Calhoun, Monterey, Troup, Lafayette, and Madison. It's a five-minute walk down Lincoln Street to Colonial Park Cemetery, and from there, just a few blocks to the Juliet Gordon Low Birthplace on Oglethorpe Avenue.
Savannah's River Street and City Market are about a mile from Forsyth Park and the Gaston Street area. It's a pleasant stroll with lots of photo opportunities through neighborhoods of elegantly restored homes and beautiful gated gardens.
- Forsyth Park – Walk 2 Blocks
- City Market – Walk 1 Mile/22 Minutes
- River Street – Walk 1.2 Miles/24 Minutes
- Roundhouse Railroad Museum – Walk 0.9 Mile/20 Minutes
- The Ships of the Sea Museum – Walk 1.2 Miles/24 Minutes
- Jepson Center for the Arts – Walk 0.9 Mile/18 Minutes
- Telfair Academy – Walk 0.9 Mile/18 Minutes
- Owens-Thomas House – Walk 0.6 Mile/13 Minutes
- Bonaventure Cemetery – Drive 3.4 Miles/10 Minutes
- Colonial Cemetery – Walk 0.5 Mile/11 Minutes
- Andrew Low House – Walk 0.3 Mile/7 Minutes
- Mercer House – Walk 4 Blocks
- Davenport House – Walk 0.6 Mile/13 Minutes
- Tybee Island – Drive 17.8 Miles/29 Minutes
- Tybee Island Lighthouse – Drive 16.7 Miles/26 Minutes
- Fort Pulaski – Drive 14.1 Miles/24 Minutes
- Wormsloe Plantation –Drive 8.5 Miles/15 Minutes
Savannah’s Haunted Attractions
Savannah's long history naturally lends itself to the possibilities of haunted mansions, streets, cemeteries, homes, and even hotels. Experience the thrill of a chilling walk or ride through the city's most haunted spots when you take part in one of Savannah’s many ghost tours.