Frequently Asked Questions
- What time is check-in/check-out? 4:00 pm / 11:00 am
- What is the minimum age requirement to check-into the room? 21
- What do you charge for Wi-Fi? Nothing! It's complimentary!
- Do guests have private bathrooms? Yes! All rooms have private baths, and in-room controlled air conditioning and heat.
- Is smoking allowed? The hotel is non-smoking.
- Are pets allowed? No, but our sister properties, Olde Harbour Inn and East Bay Inn, accept pets.
- Are children allowed? No, but we suggest The Marshall House, East Bay Inn, or Olde Harbour Inn.
- What if we rent the entire house? Children are welcome if you rent the entire house for an event.
- How do I view my reservations? Use this Link to view, cancel, or modify your reservation
- I booked on a website other than the hotel's website. How do I cancel or change my reservation? You must contact the website you used to make your reservation.
- What is the cancellation policy? Cancellations must be made 7 days in advance.
- What is the deposit policy? A one-night deposit is required at time of reservation.
- Is there a fee for early departures? Yes, the 7-day cancellation policy applies.
- What is the Savannah hotel/motel tax? 13%
- How many people can stay in a guest room? Rates are based on single or double occupancy.
- Is there an additional person charge? Are roll-away beds available? There is a $50 charge for additional persons and we do not have roll-away beds.
- Are there other fees? Yes, the State of Georgia requires a $5 per room, per night fee.
- Do you accept Gift Certificates? The Gastonian is pleased to accept Gift Certificates from Bed and Breakfasts of Savannah, but does not accept gift certificates purchased from BedandBreakfast.com's gift certificate program. We apologize for the confusion this may cause because of the similar names.
- What are the Special Conditions for St. Patrick's Day stays? Cancellations must be received by February 1, 2019 for the St. Patrick's Day Celebration (March 15-17, 2019). A one-night deposit is taken at the time of booking with the remainder due on February 2nd.
- What are the Special Conditions for the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon? Cancellations must be received by October 1, 2019 for the Rock 'n' Roll Marathon (November 1-2, 2019) reservations. A one-night deposit is taken at the time of booking with the remainder due on October 2nd.
- What are the special conditions for an Advanced Purchase Rate? The Advanced Purchase Rate requires full prepayment and is non-refundable, cannot be cancelled, and may not be changed. The Advanced Purchase Rate is available on select dates exclusively. This discount is subject to change based upon availability. Selecting this rate requires agreement to these special terms and conditions.
Directions & Parking
- Where do we park and how much is it? The Gastonian has two parking areas with spaces reserved for guests: one is located directly on the property, one is an easy one-block's walk away. Parking directly on property is on a first-come, first-served basis, but rest assured that the second lot is very close to the property. Cost for parking in either of our private parking areas is $15 per day. There is also street parking nearby if you wish to self-park.
- Do you offer a shuttle service from the airport? We do not offer a shuttle service. The airport is 15.4 miles from downtown Savannah. A taxi ride to the airport generally costs $28 for the first person; $5 for each additional person.
- What are your cross streets? Gaston and Lincoln Streets
Time & Location of Food Amenities
- Breakfast? An extended breakfast is served in the dining room from 7:30–10:30 am. You may also request breakfast room service.
- Evening reception? Hors d'oeuvres and wine are served in the parlor from 4:30–6:00 pm.
- Desserts and coffee? These are served in the parlor from 8:00–10:00 pm.